We are constantly working on the further development of our software. Here you can get an overview of all changes.
- New condition system
The conditions of actions and event triggers can now be entered and modified via a newly designed menu.
In addition, (almost) all conditions now follow a uniform logic.
Example: The event “Party” should occur if the state of the element “Satisfaction” is above 50%. For this, the event gets a trigger; and this trigger gets a condition. With this condition we can test if the state of the element has reached the correct value.
In our logic, each condition is a “comparison” between two values. In our case, we compare the state of the element “satisfaction” with the value “50%”. If the state is greater than 50%, the condition is said to be satisfied. All these elements can now be put together in the condition: As “comparison source” we choose the state of the element “satisfaction”. As “comparison” we choose “>” (greater than). And as comparison value we can directly enter 50%. As soon as this comparison is true, the condition is fulfilled and the event is triggered.
If an event should occur in a certain round, we can compose another condition in the same logic:
Comparison source: “time”
Comparison: = (is)
Comparison value: 2023
With this logic, a whole range of different conditions can be flexibly defined. The conditions previously possible in simcision can all be mapped, and there are also some new possible checks:
- In addition to the state of elements, positive and negative state changes can now also be tested: this means, for example, that an event can be triggered if an element has fallen/risen sharply.
- Many comparison values can now be viewed in time periods: Instead of looking at the current state of an element, a condition can now also look at the state before x rounds or in a specific round
Example A: The event “Supermarket rush” should occur if the state of the event “Advertising presence” was above 90% two rounds ago.
Example B: The action “Open screw-top jar” should only be possible if the action “Tug on lid” was used at least 2 times in the last three rounds.
- The time unit of the system context of the model is now also taken into account in the texts of the conditions that refer to points in time.
Example: If “Year” is specified as the unit and the period 2000 – 2020 is set, “2003 – 2010” is now displayed instead of “Round 3 – Round 10”. This way, there is no need to convert between the different contexts.
- Until now, only a fixed number was possible as a comparison value. (Ex: “is element “Expenditure” greater than 70%”?) From now on, two dynamic values can also be compared with each other: For example, it is now possible to test whether the value of one element is greater than that of another. (Ex.: “is element “Expenses” greater than element “Revenues”?”) For this purpose, a “comparison object” can now be set instead of a fixed comparison value.
The changeover of the condition system also had an effect on the subsequent incidents:
- There is now no longer a separation between subsequent incidents and triggers, since with the new conditions the triggers can be set like previous subsequent events. All subsequent incidents have therefore been converted into triggers. However, these triggers can now be provided with additional conditions.
- Instead of the “Subsequent incidents” area, there is now the “Dependent incidents” area in the incident/action menu. This lists all events that are somehow linked to the open object. As before, events can also be linked directly to the open object in this area.
- Self-driven dynamics dependent on the state
Self-driven dynamics can now be described using editable value curves (analogous to relationships). This allows the strength of the momentum to be dynamically adjusted to the current status of the element. This enables e.g. simple control elements that always move towards a stable state.
- Copy and Paste
In the “network” and “variables” areas, objects (elements, resources, actions, incidents, scenarios, triggers and conditions) can now be copied with CTRL/CMD C and pasted with CTRL/CMD V. The copied objects can also be pasted into other programs (e.g. Word).
- Search function
In the model management screen there is now a search bar at the top right that can be used to search all available models. This includes all your own models, but also shared models and models in teams to which you have access. The search bar searches the title and description of the models and displays the results in the order in which they were last edited.
- Archive shared models
Shared models can now be archived or deleted. When deleting, only your own access to the model is deleted, not the shared model itself.
- New diagram: Summed impulses
In the new evaluation diagram “Summated Impulses” (a line diagram), the summed positive and negative influences that have changed an element can be compared.
- Triggers are now displayed as separate objects with an extra column, rather than as a collapsible area within the event menu. Also, triggers can now have a title and description; this is displayed in event info windows instead of the trigger’s conditions.
- Between several conditions of the same group there is now the little word “and”. This should show more clearly how the conditions are logically related to each other and make logic errors more visible. (e.g. the condition “Time is year 2000” and the condition “Year is 2004” cannot be true at the same time). Between triggers there is now the word “or”.
- Incidents and actions can now be assigned to individual scenarios within their own menu.
- In scenarios, it is now possible to disable that all newly created events or actions are automatically made available.
- The menu for resources are now located in the “Effect network” area. As visible elements of the model, they fit thematically better in this section of the program.
- Models can now be moved to another folder via drag’n’drop.
- Folders can now be moved to another team via context menu.
- The network graph can now be given a background color.
- In elements, both the background color and the font color can now be set.
- In simulations that were aborted prematurely, the abort message can now be viewed again afterwards. It is noted with an icon in the progress bar.
- Model synchronization with the app should be faster.
- In dynamic effect fields, there are now additionally the functions “e high …” and “if … then”.
- Some older models could not be opened since the last update – these work again and are compatible with the new system.
- Duplicates of offline duplicated models can now be uploaded without problems.
- The text in the update message is now displayed correctly again.
- Input in the coordinates window of the relationship point editor works as expected again.
- Element titles no longer protrude from the element, even if they are very long.
- In the influence matrix, text from merged points no longer sticks out on the right side.
- Models from old simcision versions with deleted simulations now do not cause problems.
- In the app, newly created models are now opened in a new tab.
- Multiple rounds can now be selected in the spider resource chart.
- The radar simulation chart can now be colored.
- In the diagram settings of the spider diagram, the area can now be hidden, so the diagram consists only of lines.
- New evaluation area
The evaluation area has been completely revised. New chart types, additional data views and the simultaneous handling of several charts extend the possibilities of the area immensely.
The following is a brief overview of the new functions:
- Spider chart (New chart type)
In the new chart type “spider chart” simulations or single rounds of simulations can be compared with each other.
- Radar chart (New chart type)
In the new chart type “Radar chart”, the values of all elements of a model can be clearly displayed.
- Multiple charts
While in the previous version only a single chart configuration could be viewed at a time, now any number of different charts can be created. You can switch between the charts with a tab navigation. All created charts are saved, so they can be closed and reopened at a later time.
- Chart overviews
Already created charts can be arranged in chart overview screens to compare different aspects of a simulation. Four different layouts can be chosen.
The settings of the charts can be changed individually in each overview.
- Chart export
The generated charts can be exported as PNG or SVG and can therefore be used outside of simcision (e.g. in Word, PowerPoint or on websites). When exporting, image size, content and format can be freely selected.
- Effect chart
The effect of measures and events can be precisely tracked in the new effect chart. Direct and indirect effects are displayed separately.
- State change chart
The changes in the state of an element/resource can be comprehensibly displayed in this chart.
- Impulse chart
In the impulse chart, the individual causes of a change of state are listed separately. Thus it can be traced exactly why a state has changed in one round.
- Element short titles in charts
Element titles can sometimes be very long. In charts, elements (and resources, simulations, etc…) can therefore be assigned short titles to keep the labeling small.
- Popup legend per chart
Each chart has a legend with explanatory descriptions of the content, which can be displayed and moved freely.
- Spider chart (New chart type)
- Tabs in app
The models in the simcision app are now opened in tabs. This allows you to keep multiple models open at the same time and quickly switch between them.
- The relationship strength appears in the relationship list again
- Password entry works correctly again
- The number of displayed outgoing relationships in the element is correct again.
- Changes to the expiration date of members in the organization management now work more stable.
- In formula relation graphs, smaller points are used in the relationship curve window.
- Simulation round summary popups now always resize correctly.
- Dropdowns that were closed without an item being selected now display the correct placeholder text again.
- Links clicked in the app now open in the browser again.
- Text in simulation messages is displayed correctly formatted, even if an update message was just displayed.
- Popups no longer stick out of the window when opened.
- Summarized influences of a simulation round
A small pop-up window can now be displayed in the “Simulation” area, in which all external effects on elements and resources in this round are summed up. The effects can be filtered by events, measures and impulses.
- Adding up planned effects in the network
The effect of planned measures is now also displayed in the network, added to the values of the existing impulses. This allows a quick overview of how the value of an element or resource will change in the next round.
- Value range for resources
Resources now have the “Value Range” settings tab. In addition to the initial value of the resource, its minimum and maximum value can also be set up here. Thus, values of resources can also go into the minus range if this has been enabled in the resource’s settings.
- Resource units
Resources can now be assigned a unit in the “Value Range” tab. The unit of the resource is displayed together with its value in the network.
- Events now occur in the order in which they are sorted. This makes it easier to control the order of events that influence each other.
- Password entry fields now have a button to show the entered password.
- Dependencies of a resource that are triggered every round now have an “Interval” setting that controls how often the dependency is triggered.
- Resources can now be assigned to stakeholders.
- Different icons are used: these should be displayed consistently between operating systems.
- In the “Simulation” area, actions can now be drag-n-dropped from one list to the next.
- The values in the effect curve input field are now scaled by a factor of 10 instead of 2. This allows “cleaner” values to be displayed.
- The color picker can now be controlled using the keyboard.
- State changes in the Analysis area can now also be deleted.
- When a round is simulated, all measure and event information closes automatically.
- When a measure is removed from the simulation menu, its information window closes.
- In the model import popup, models can now be imported via drag and drop.
- The behavior of links in the text input field has been improved:
- Links are no longer clickable in the text editor large view.
- Links entered in a text field are now automatically detected and linked.
- When the cursor is inside a link, a small link popup is permanently visible, allowing the link to be edited.
- When a link is changed in the text edit box, the complete link now always changes with it, regardless of whether the complete link area is selected or not.
- The x to close the action info window should no longer disappear when scaling.
- The distribution of action relationships in the mesh has been optimized: There should be fewer cases where relationships overlap or overlap.
- Synchronization in the app should run much more stable and faster. Models created in the app should upload more securely.
- The point labels in the effect curve input field that appear on hover now do not protrude from the sidebar, even at high values.
- Adjustable accent color
The accent color of simcision models and all derived base colors can now be set individually. This way, each model can be provided with a matching color scheme.
- Adjustable relation colors
The colors of relationships in the mesh can now be set in detail, with different colors for same-direction or opposite-direction and incoming or outgoing relationships.
- Dark mode
The display of individual models can now be switched to a dark mode. The setting for this can be found under the model settings.
- New mesh rendering system
The effect mesh is now rendered using a new technical base that allows elements to be scaled flexibly and interactive elements in the mesh to be controlled with the keyboard.
- The title of elements in the mesh can now run over more than two lines, as long as the element is large enough.
- The text of the central question can now be formatted.
- Input controls can now be clicked in an empty area to set the value directly to the selected position.
- The simcision logo is now in the upper left corner.
- The model navigation bar has been simplified.
- If reduced animations are desired in the system settings of the device, simcision now takes this setting into account and does not use animations.
- In impact input fields, the sign is now added if it was forgotten (a + by default).
- Mesh placeholders and elements can now be controlled via keyboard.
- The “Potentials” section in the iCONDU and iCONDU (images) template is now called “Effect”.
- The new keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + S can be used to save under a new name.
- App areas can now be hidden and shown by right-clicking.
- The element selection dropdowns in the Mesh Analysis → Effect Chains section are now searchable.
- Elements are now reassigned to the correct area after being moved.
- Adding an element to the selection that is already in the selection does not select it twice.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- Effects over multiple rounds
Effects of events and actions can now be spread over several rounds instead of having them occur completely in a single round.
Each impact can now be opened in a submenu in which it is possible to set whether, in addition to the impact in the playoff round, further impacts should also occur during the simulation.
In the simulation, in the affected later rounds, there is an indication of the effect of actions and events that are still active from previous rounds.
- Formulas in impact input fields
Simple to complex formulas can now be entered in impacts to make the effect of individual impacts dependent on the simulation state. Four new capabilities of this field greatly expand the action space:
Simple variables from the simulation can be used in the formula field, such as the current state of the element or the number of the current round.Example:
We increase the value of the affected element by the number of the current round, so +1 in round 1, +2 in round 2, etc….
To type a variable, just type “$” in the formula field.
In addition to these simple variables, the values of other elements or resources can be used.Example:
Decrease the value of the affected resource “water level” by the value of the element named “water drain”:
To type a reference, simply type “@” into the formula field.
The field now no longer needs to have a single value entered in it, it can now have a mathematical expression in it.Example:
We increase the value of an element inversely proportional to its total state, i.e. by +10 if the element has a state of 0 and by +0 if the element has a state of 100.
The mathematical characters +, -, / and * can be used, as well as parentheses to delimit subexpressions.
Calculations can be used to describe complex relationships. For formulas that go beyond that, which cannot be represented with simple expressions, we have also provided a number of functions that can be used in the formula field.Example:
We want the effect to give the affected element a random value between -4 and +6.
If the state of element A is below 50, decrease the affected element by 10 points. Otherwise, add +10 to the affected element.
Functions can be selected and entered with the “#” key.
With the introduction of the formula field, the distinction between the unit “point” and “percent” when entering effects has been eliminated. Percentage values can now be entered directly into the formula field when needed.
- Short info about actions and events
In the simulation, events or measures can now be clicked in the left sidebar to display a small popup window with all the effects of the measure in the round. This popup window remains open and can be moved around to quickly compare the effects of multiple measures.
- Hideable and moveable areas
The areas of the software (impact network, variables, network analysis, …) can now be freely arranged in the menu bar. In addition, they can be hidden via the “Visible areas” menu in the settings.
- Duplicate folders
Folders can now be duplicated as a whole. Any user with access to a folder can select the “Duplicate Folder” option from the folder’s context menu, specify the destination and new name, and a copy of the folder is created at this point, including a copy of all the models it contains.
- Context menu for model entries in folders
The models in the model overview can now also be deleted, moved or copied directly by right-clicking without having to call up the administration screen.
- In the relationship creation mode, all entered values (description, relationship type) are now cached for each relationship, even if the relationship has not yet been created. This “draft data” avoids accidental discarding of entered information.
- Dropdowns are now limited to the height of the current window. If they extend beyond that, they become scrollable.
- Team and Order fields in the Save dialog are now searchable.
- The error messages in the team creation popup are now better formatted.
- Items in the item selection dropdown are now sorted.
- Page menus that refer to a specific item now include a color-coded heading area that contains the item’s title.
- Buttons that were labeled exclusively with an icon now also contain help text that appears when the mouse pointer is held over them.
- The second input field for entering the condition “Round between … and …” must now contain at least the value of the first input field.
- If you try to publish an empty model, you will now get an error message that prevents this.
- The element names in the curve description example now stand out from the rest of the text to make them easier to notice.
- The “(simulation)” hint is now also visible on the Model Manage page, not just in the model entry in the folder.
- Imported models are now opened in a new tab by default.
- In the model list, each model now has a short note about how many times it has been published and shared.
- When a right-click menu is opened, the first entry in it is focused.
- If a letter is typed in a selection list, the search is focused. If the delete key is pressed, the selection list closes.
- Moving list entries in Firefox works again.
- The password should no longer be asked twice when loading a model was interrupted.
- Team models should also now consistently ask for confirmation before closing.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- Simulations with missing events can now be loaded without errors again.
- Time units for simulations
Instead of entering a name for the time unit of the simulation, you can now select one of twelve different time units (e.g. “Year”, “Quarter”, “Week” or “Day”).
For the simulation duration, a concrete time period can then be set instead of a simple number of rounds. (e.g. “2001 – 2010” for the unit “year”). This time frame will be used in the simulation as a basis for naming all rounds.
Existing models that have already entered a time designation (such as “Year”) as the time unit will automatically be converted to the new system. Of course, the general designation “round” can be retained as well.
- The entry of the time delay of a relation has been revised for more comprehensibility.
- In the “Variables” section, the sidebar is now consistently expanded each time you click on it.
- The question field is no longer displayed on the web as long as it has no content.
- Invalid values in number input fields are now temporarily allowed but not saved until corrected.
- A login window no longer appears when changing the language without being logged in.
- In the model info overlay, the description is now only open by default if it exists. If a Central Question is specified, it is automatically open.
- The info overlays (model info and associated overlays) are now all movable.
- Some spacing has been improved a bit. (in error messages and in the action overlay).
- Publications can now be saved with a password, which can be changed in the publication management.
- The maximum frequency of events can now be changed again.
- Conflicts during synchronization should now occur less often: conflict detection has been improved.
- English names have been revised: “Influence Matrix” is now “Cross Impact Matrix”, the “Condition” of an element is now the “Status” of an element.
- The model conflict screen in the app is now consistently displayed again when a model conflict occurs during synchronization.
- The warning message when deleting events and actions is now written in a more understandable way, making it clear that associated simulations will be irrevocably deleted.
- Impulses in Simulation
In Simulation it is now possible to enter manual pulses that give freely selectable point values to elements or resources.
- Create in sidebar with combo selector
- Create via right-click in mesh with popup
- Free simulations
There is now the possibility to start a simulation without a scenario. This simulation can be used without actions, events or momentum. In addition, the number of rounds of free simulations can be adjusted as desired.
- Export/Import of simulations
Simulations can now be exported as JSON files and also imported again.
- Duplicating simulations
Simulations that have already been played can now be duplicated by right-clicking on them.
- Round notes
Rounds now have a text field that provides space for notes.
- Resources, events, actions, scenarios and simulations can now be deleted by right-clicking.
- The information of elements in the network can be opened with right click.
- Items in the actions dropdown can now be searched.
- Dropdown entries can now be browsed using the arrow keys.
- The mesh selection opens as a popup.
- Net element information can also be opened in the “Variables” area by double-clicking.
- The Undo/Redo buttons are no longer visible in the Simulation and Evaluation areas (they also only work in the other areas).
- Deleting simulations must now be confirmed.
- Unlinked elements no longer appear in the influence matrix.
- Lists and popups are animated throughout.
- After a folder is deleted, an adjacent folder is selected (if available).
- The “BSC (12 targets)” and “BSC (12 targets / images)” templates are now called “iCONDU (12 targets)” and “iCONDU (12 targets / images)”.
- The overall performance in the simulation is now linked to the evaluation again.
- The right-click menu no longer sticks out of the bottom of the screen.
- Pulse chains now work with delayed relationships.
- Influence matrix: Elements starting with element 27 are labeled “aa” instead of “ba”. The elements from 53 on are labeled with “ba”, etc. …
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- Empty (new) models can be opened again.
- Folders can be deleted without problems again.
- Only one save dialog is displayed, not two.
- Image storage
Images in simcision models are now stored separately from the model data and only uploaded when they are newly created.
- The storage speed for models with many images is increased enormously.
- Images are no longer compressed during insertion. High resolution images are no longer a problem.
- More image types are supported. Among others SVG, GIF and WEBP.
- Loading bar
A loading bar is now displayed when loading larger models.
- Model title and description
The model can be given an internal title and description. This description can be read in the model info.
These values are independent of the information in the model administration.
- Extended influence matrix view
The influence matrix can be opened in an extended popup, where additionally a list of the active and passive values of the elements can be seen.
- Overlaps between relationships in the influence mesh are reduced in a new step of the line distribution process.
- Mesh rendering is slightly more resource-efficient and thus more performant.
- Moving the workspace should run smoother for models with many elements.
- The model overview now synchronizes automatically every five minutes.
- Simulation area: The button “New simulation” is now above the already started simulations.
- The current name of the model is now used as a template when I save the model under a new name.
- In the “Evaluation” area, the default order of the elements in the effect mesh is now adopted, unless the elements have been manually reordered in the Evaluations area.
- The expiration date in the member lists now has more space.
- The links in the login popup are also now focusable by keyboard.
- Most popups can now be moved.
- A few spacing issues have been fixed.
- “Are you sure?”: Change detection on exit now works better, even after the model has been saved as a new version or simulation.
- The “Duplicate Model” action can now no longer be accidentally triggered twice.
- The login popup is no longer overlaid by any other popup.
- All teams can now be selected again in the “Save As” dialog.
- After importing a model in a team section and then closing it again, the correct folder is now opened.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- The expiration date of an organization membership can now be removed without problems.
- Player licenses are now recognized correctly again.
- The “Save As” dialog now defaults to the current model name.
- Zooming the effect mesh with trackpads now works as expected.
- Counter-directional relations are now marked on both input and output.
- Indicators are displayed in multiple lines again.
- One can now be logged in on multiple devices in parallel without the sessions getting in each other’s way.
- In the analysis view, elements can now be deselected by clicking on a free area in the impact mesh.
- Dynamics can be opened by double-clicking in the “Analysis” and “Simulation” areas.
- Comment fields located near the bottom of the screen no longer protrude from the window.
- The team invitation confirmation button no longer slips out of the screen for many participants.
A bug in the simulation of momentum in models with many elements has been fixed.
Download the guide with an overview of the new features HERE.
- Folders: You can now sort your models into folders. All models are in a folder called “General” by default. You can create as many folders as you like and sort them freely.
- App: you can now register directly in the app and manage your account in it. simcision can now be fully operated both online and in the app, any differences have been fixed.
- Login popup: If you lose connection during a simcision session, you can log back in at any time. Your work status will not be lost.
- Faster Invite: Share a model or give licenses to a lot of users by simply inserting a list of email addresses at once. Or select users you already know from a contact list.
- Teams: Team areas give you a shared model repository for any number of users. Each team member gets access to all models of the team and can view, download and edit them. As the admin of a team area, you can also lock individual models if you want to release them to the team for viewing only.
- Organizations: We have replaced our Company license with Organization In an organization, you can assign licenses to other users as before. What’s new:
- Each organization can create teams and use them to create different model repositories for different projects, each with its own orders and access.
- You can assign different roles to your organization members
- Members see other members and the organization’s teams.
- Admins can manage the organization’s teams, edit them, and create new ones. You can also invite new members and set their roles.
Each organization has an owner. The person can extend, expand, or terminate the organization. In addition, he/she can appoint deputies, who also receive all owner rights.
- External licensees only receive a license from the organization, but do not see other members or teams of the organization.
Organizations have a name.
- Hablamos en Español! simcision is now fully translated into Spanish.
- New licenses! We have simplified our licensing model. There are now effectively only two packages: Individual licenses and Organization licenses. Organizations can be set up flexibly, with individual numbers of licenses and teams. Every new simcision license is now equivalent, every user with a license can use simcision the same way.
Don’t worry: If you already have a simcision account with a valid license, you can continue to use your account as before.
- Version history: you can see when a model was last saved and by whom.
- Sort models: In addition to alphabetical order, models can now be sorted by date modified.
- Order history: All new orders, changes and renewals are listed in your personal order history. This allows you to keep track of when you ordered what.
- Variables area:
- For conditions on measures, there is now no selection of how the measure occurs – the field had no effect.
- The condition column is now automatically closed when the selected condition is deleted.
- The title of the window is updated more reliably when a model is opened.
- Improved error messages: Error messages now include information about why an error occurred and how to respond to it.
- Toast notifications are now more usable on mobile devices. The system behind them has been replaced.
- Incorrectly filled input fields can contain an error message that draws attention to the error.
- Intelligent login: you will be redirected to the page you actually wanted to visit after logging in.
- Performance improvements:
- Synchronization of models in the app runs much faster. The local storage system has been overhauled.
- The model overview loads faster because the list of owned, shared and public models is cached.
- Smoother moving in the impact mesh: the mesh is updated only when there is enough power.
- Update of the technical base to vue 3
- Simplified logic to determine the current selection
- The e-mail address is retained when switching between the “Login”, “Registration” and “Reset password” pages.
- The input forms after a registration have been made a bit more self-explanatory.
- The model conflict popup is now more understandable.
- The country selection has been updated.
- Licenses that are about to expire are marked with a warning.
- Published models are now loaded reliably.
- Documentation fields now close properly again when clicked outside of them.
- We removed the “always when…” and “once” setting from the Actions condition menu, as it had no effect.
- The condition menu in the Actions section now closes automatically when the open condition is deleted.
- The title of the model in the table bar is now changed correctly again when “Save as” is triggered.
- Publications can now be saved correctly as simulation games.
- The value bars are no longer displayed twice in the simulation and network analysis area.
- “Save as simulation game” works as planned again.
- You can now enter several e-mail addresses at once in the “Share model” pop-up. Whether separated with comma, semicolon, space – all no problem.
- The error messages for unavailable models or access restrictions have been extended and contain more details.
- Newly created models can now be exported before they are saved for the first time.
- If a login session is interrupted, a login popup now appears, allowing you to log in again and continue with your work.
- It costs less power to move the mesh now.
- An error in the calculation of the separator line positions in the Evaluations area has been fixed.
Curve editor – New features
- The strength of the curve can now be set directly by a quick selection. The values of the quick selection can be adjusted in the settings.
- The curve end point can now also be moved freely in height, the end value is taken over as the new strength of the relationship.
- Curve points can be moved in the grid by holding down the SHIFT key.
- The points of the curve can now optionally be rounded off.
- Any number of points can be added to the curve.
- The curves can now be adjusted as much as desired, there is no longer an upper limit of 100. The scale of the curve adjusts automatically when the strength is adjusted.
- The influence matrix in the Analysis section can now optionally use the strengths of the relationships as a basis for the values again.
- The curve editor in the relationship menu is now open by default.
- The setting for equal or opposite direction in the relationship menu is now easier to understand.
- The accessibility of simcision has been improved: more buttons have separate focus designs and can be accessed via the keyboard.
- The selection menu of relationships in the relationship menu contains “Unnamed” instead of an empty field if an element does not have a name yet.
- The relationship creation menu can now also be opened by right-clicking on an element.
- “Costs” are now called “Resource consumption”.
- Newly selected simulations in the Evaluation area now preferentially assume a symbol that is in use as little as possible.
- Undo entries are now created with more intermediate steps.
- Small pop-up messages are now movable.
- Wayfinding between elements now always finds a link if one is possible.
- Models are now opened online not under sim.simcision.com, but also under app.simcision.com.
- The order of curve templates has changed: “Linear” is the first suggestion in the list.
- The Analysis section now shows the correct start values of the loaded simulation.
- The curve templates “Saturation”, “Exponential” and “Plateau” have been improved – there are now no more slopes that go to infinity.
- The delete keystrokes have been improved so that elements are not accidentally deleted.
- In the Analysis section, the warps no longer show an empty path if the source item has no outgoing relationships.
- Undo and Redo now work better when working in text fields.
- Choosing elements that affect resources is now possible without errors again.
- The Evaluation and Simulation section no longer hang on simulations that contain deleted elements.
- If simulations have already been created and a component of this simulation is deleted (e.g. elements, relationships, resources, measures…), a warning now appears that the existing simulations will be falsified.
- Stakeholders that are linked to elements that have already been deleted no longer cause problems.
- Events that are triggered once on entry are triggered correctly again, based on the start values of the last round.
- An error was fixed that had been ocurring in some simulations containg deleted elements.
- No other controls are now visible while the relationship creation mode is active.
- Analysis: For all elements the outgoing relations in the impulse tracking area are now displayed correctly.
- Analysis: Deleted elements no longer interfere with the operation of path tracking.
- Subsequent incidents are now clickable and open the associated incidents.
- Simcision is now completely multilingual. You can set your language in the menu.
- Bonjour! Simcision can now be used in French.
- Company license owners can now see in the Team section which team license holders have not logged in. This way unused licenses can be redistributed.
- The language selector in the app now contains flags – so it matches the one in the web version.
- Registration links are now longer valid (three weeks instead of three days).
- If there are spaces after the e-mail in the registration or login field, this no longer causes an error.
- Models can now also be saved with an empty description.
- The save dialog no longer hangs if the saving process could not be completed.
- The overall state of round 0 in the simulation area is now displayed correctly.
- The list of all possible paths in the analysis area is now splitted to save computing power.
- If no company is assigned, NONE will no longer be displayed in e-mails.
Some models saved in a previous version of the software could not be opened, this has been fixed.
- Simulations containing incidents with empty triggers are simulated correctly now.
- The relationship arrows move to new positions when the image of an element is changed.
- Fixed a bug introduced by the last update: Incident triggers are now only triggered if ALL its conditions apply.
- The app saves the display settings of the model list now.
- The comments of the indicators are shown in the element info overlay now.
- You won’t get any “failed update” notifications anymore as long as the app is offline.
- The model list is displayed correctly even if the model descriptions contain long links.
- The element limit was removed from models without templates.
- Simulations that contained deleted actions can be played correctly again.
- Models that were saved in a previous version of the software and contain no simulations can be opened again correctly.
The area “Analysis” is seperated into two subcategories now:
Influence Matrix and Influence Chains
- The values of the influence matrix are not based on the general strength of the relations anymore, but explicitely on the slope of the curve at the current element value. This process represents the real influence of each element at the current state of the net in a better way.
- The influence matrix is connected to the current simulation now: the values of the elements in the influence matrix are based on the state of the element in the current round. The starting values can be viewed by moving to round zero or closing the simulation.
- When no simulation is active, the elements can be given manual state changes. Using these, you can watch the changes in the influence matrix that happen by changing the state accurately.
- Elements are labeled by their order now: Each element gets a label with a letter by which they can be found in the influence matrix again.
- The area “influence chains” gets a new function: Ways and Cycles. This function shows ways from a starting element to an end element automatically. If you choose the same element for start and end, all cycling ways of the element are shown instead. All found ways include length and alignment.
- The old “Influence Chains”-function has been extended and is now called “Impulse Tracking”.
Like before, you can build influence chains manually in that area from the elements of the net. Additionally, you can set the state of the start element to be changed now. The resulting change impulses are shown in the net and in the chain.
- Impulse Chains can be equipped with a comment now.
- The ways from the function “Ways and Cycles” can be opened as a new way in “Impulse Tracking”.
- You can completely disable the visualisation of the simulation now and only show the result of the simulated round.
- The technology powering the simulation has been improved and should run faster.
- The impulse displays on the elements are larger.
- The impulses are counted up all at once now, not one after the other.
- The measures are played exactly in the order they were are added to the simulation now.
- The rounds show their end state and the impulses passed to the next round now.
- The simulation progress bar includes a “starting area” now. That area contains the starting state of the net and the impulses of the first round. Additionally, the start screen can be displayed here again.
- The simulation does not jump back to the beginning again when the simulation is over.
- Measures that could not be played are marked as such in the round overview.
- The import-popup takes the name of the selected file as title if none was filled in yet.
- The simulation export includes ressources in the result now too.
- In the scenario-overlay, the text of the start- and end state are listed seperately now.
- The conditions depending on rounds don’t allow inserting a round under 1 now.
- The visual representation of the influence curve is a bit more consistent now. The raster lines should always be shown now.
- The amount of incoming and outgoing relations is now visible while the relation menu of an element is visible.
Fixed a bug:
- The resource overlay can be shown again.
- Models in the app are always downloaded now if they don’t exist offline.
Extended simulation export
The values of the resources are included in the start- and end values of the simulation export. Furthermore, the end state includes the number of the last played round.
A notification appears when a new version has been installed. If there are important new features, those are presented in a popup.
Download notification (app only)
A small notification will now be shown when a new version is beeing downloaded in the app.
Close confirmation (app only)
When closing the app, the software will now ask for confirmation if a model is open.
- New models can now only be created if they have a name.
- The exported simulation report can now be downloaded in Microsoft Edge too.
- Longer relation path connections are now possible. The arrows won’t stop as soon as before.
- The simulation popups show the data of subsequent incidents correctly now
- In the simulation export file, the end state shows the correct data, even if the simulation was not played through completely
- The simulation export includes the starting values of the elements
- The overlay of self driven dynamics shows the correct interval now
- The placeholder texts in the info overlays are shown correctly when no information was filled out
Data export in simulation info overlay
Die Liste der gespielten Maßnahmen und Ereignisse einer Simulation können in einer Textdatei exportiert werden. Der Export kann über das Simulationsinfo-Overlay im Bereich Auswertungen eingesehen werden. (Linke Seitenleiste → Allgemein → Mehr Informationen)
Scenario start screen / end screen
In Szenarios kann eingestellt werden, dass am Ende und am Anfang ein Dialog mit Text, Titel und Bild angezeigt wird.
More images in simulations
Maßnahmen, Ereignisse, Eigendynamiken und Ressourceneinflüsse können nun ein Bild enthalten. Dieses wird in den Einblendungen während der Simulation angezeigt.
New image uploader
Bilder können nun per Drag-n-Drop eingefügt werden, außerdem wurde die Eingabemaske überarbeitet.
Extended chaining of actions and incidents
- Die Bedingung „Maßnahme“ und die Bedingung „Ereignis“ kann nun nicht nur mit „mindestens“ ausgelöst werden, sondern auch mit „maximal“.
- Ereignisse lassen sich nun auch von Ereignissen oder Maßnahmen auslösen, bzw. kann das Auslösen vom Auftreten eines Ereignisses oder dem Spielen einer Maßnahme abhängen
- Einträge in Dropdowns lassen sich nun per Doppelklick auswählen, nach Auswahl springt die Scrollleiste wieder an den Anfang zurück.
- Die Bedingungen der Ereignisauslöser ändern die Zufallswerte des Auslösers nicht mehr auf unterschiedliche Werte. Der Ereignisauslöser erhält standardmäßig eine 50%-Wahrscheinlichkeit.
Die Software prüft nun jede Minute, ob der Nutzer noch angemeldet ist. Falls nicht, benachrichtigt sie ihn.
Ressourcen lassen sich nun ohne Fehlermeldung löschen, da Abhängigkeiten automatisch entfernt werden.
Das Netz wird nun in einem Portalsystem gerendert, damit muss es nicht immer neu aufgebaut werden, wenn die Seite gewechselt wird. Damit sollten die Seitenwechsel schneller ablaufen.
Das Bildsystem ist umgeschrieben, so dass alle Bilder in einem Bereich des Datenmodells standardisiert gesammelt werden und dynamisch erweiterbarer sind. Damit lassen sich andere Bereiche leicht mit Bildern ergänzen.
Fragestellung neu skalieren
Die Fragestellung lässt sich nun besser skalieren: Sie springt nun nur in der Größe zurück, wenn der Text aus dem Kasten herausragt.